Alan's Thunks

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Growing old

   It has interesting sign of growing old is in the next few weeks I have invited the 60th birthday party at 70th birthday party and an 80th birthday party. I conclude that I  am now old.  To be honest I felt  that when I got to  my 70th birthday.  It is in the recall three score years and ten that made me feel that way I certainly didn't when I was 40 or 50 or 60.

 One of the problems of getting old is that politicians seem so  young and innocent but I'm not sure that you can use the word innocent about politicians. Mind you it does not seem just longer young politicians arm badly behaved I was listening to the debate in the House of Lords on the housing and was just amazed at t6he dishonesty some of the Peers showed. they seem to be attending that somehow competition and the market will improve the standards of healthcare.  This fails to understand how the market works, it works because those which are incompetent fail and replaced by better companies. the problem with this model in the health service is that by the time company show itself in the incompetent many would die or be mutilated by the incompetence.

 To introduce such a radical changes without properly modelling what might happen is quite frightening and shows either an arrogance or ignorance which is quite frightening. When will those who rule us learn to think through the  affects of their decisions and rather than jumping to ideological conclusions.

  This means me back to the theme of age. Some of us as we grow older and learn to think that consequences of our decisions are often not what we expect. so we try to think more carefully about what might happen when we do something it can sometimes they want to cautious and unwilling to take risks, this can also be a serious danger but the combination of both serious considerations of decision, as well is taking considered risks should lead to much better decision making..

  I am trying use the software package Dragon naturally and sometimes seems to try to tell me what I'm trying to say when not Sign anything like I am. For example does "same" sound anything like "Same"? At perhaps when you speak in the voice of an old man who programme just cannot cope.

  That is an old man I'm very concerned about the health service because I live much longer when demands of anything much greater and I would not like to think that decisions were taken about my treatment by how much profit the doctor is going to make out of his advice.  I believe that George Bernard Shaw considered this problem in one of his plays that perhaps someone who reads my blog and tell me which of his plays it was.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home