Alan's Thunks

Thursday, September 29, 2011

A bad day

 Yesterday was not a good day in a few ways.

It started in the morning when I tried to log on to  my bank account, I won't say which bank as you never know who reads this sort of thing. So thought I should change my password, so did that, though that took longer than it should because I try to use some non-alphabetic characters but it didn't like that. so finished that and it said phone some number. So I did!

  Then the trouble starts, you wait for a few minutes press a few numbers, give them the code and then eventually talk to someone. So she asks me for my telephone banking security number. I don't do telephone banking so I don't have one. You can't proceed without one. But I don't want one, eventually I ask for the supervisor, she is just as useless. I try to explain that it is nothing to do with security, There are other ways to check. For example if I want to set up a standing order they give me a number and then phone back to check, big deal. If you lose a credit card they ask when did you last use it etc.  No I  have to have a number, they will put it in the post for me and I must tell anyone. Though I suppose I would have to tell the banking people so they will know!  It would seem likely that anyone who was trying to get into my account, knew my account details and was phoning from my house would know everything else!

All went reasonably well till I was trying to decide whether to go to a meeting, it is held at the most inconvenient time at a place I have to drive to and there was no agenda and the meeting had been rearranged so I wasn't sure it was happening, in the end I decided to do something else useful BUT it did involve the van. It wouldn't start and it seemed like the battery, so I called our breakdown service and they were quite prompt and we put jump leads on and it started OK. But now I am worrying will it start this morning, so I had a fretful night worrying about the van and what is wrong if it won't start this morning ! And worrying about a few other things like writing a book

 Also I went into CAB , I mentioned some blogs ago that there was this new database system that was failing. Well the companies who did the work, Microsoft & Logica have admitted that it is not good enough and have put a high-powered team on the problem. We will await further developments. Sometimes people think if you go to a big private companies you will get a good service, private bad public good?
 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home