Alan's Thunks

Monday, October 10, 2011

The weekend

Someone asked me what were my plans for the weekend. Well the weekend was as planned. It involved palyng bridge on Saturday evening, driving to Peterborough at midnight. We, that is most of the family and then part in the great Eastern Run. My wife and I only did the 4k run.

I am trying to use Dragon naturally to type this blog but it does not seem to be working very well.  I will persevere in the hope that it begins to learn the sort of language that I use and not writing simply random phrases. it is not like the word run and the kept typing of Ron. it seems slightly odd error but it is only a computer and we all know that they are not very bright.

I just say the word "back" and it took a has an instruction so I then have to find a draft of this blog, fortunately I did.  What I was going so was was "back" the run.  I managed to do the the race in 28 minutes which isn't too bad for an old man.  This year I am 70 but because the race is a week later year I will be 72 I really ought to do it again.

I have been following the saga of Liam Fox with some amusement and a slight sense that we have no sense of behaviour of politicians in this country.  The discussion seems to centre around whether or not he has broken the ministerial code but it seems to me that he has behaved improperly irrespective of whether or not broken the code. How can he allow a friend to use his office and then take him around the world meeting people as if he was part of the ministerial entourage when the individual had no official position.  It might just have been Mr Fox being a nice to an old friend with no possible for all the advantage for himself but it is still unacceptable behaviour for a minister.  If he makes such poor judgements about matters of this nature it makes it very difficult to have much faith in the quality of his decisions as a minister.  It is interesting that he was recently blaming ministry of defence officials for the problems of the Armed Forces but perhaps these officials are not his friends and so he rather uses them as scapegoats to get himself off the hook. Fox should resign immediately and they do not understand how Cameron allows him to stay irrespective of any further investigation.

When I started this blog I did say that it would be rather random thoughts of an elderly mathematician I think this particular blog lives up to my byline.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home