Alan's Thunks

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A family weekend

 Just had a family weekend. It was my granddaughter's 5th birthday so we we all went camping. It could have been a nightmare and I am sure some people could have made it so but we all had a really good time.  

  We stayed at a good campsite  run by very friendly people , Jacky & Penny.  Here is its website http://www.fakenhamcampsite.co.uk/. Beware there is another campsite in Fakenham at the racecourse but that is not the one I am talking about, it might be nice but I have never stayed there no need when I already know a very good one. During the course of the weekend there were about 12 adults and 9 children which is not a bad ratio and there were no arguments and major tantrums. There may have been but I am slightly hard of  hearing so if there are I didn't get to hear of them.

  It also went well because the mother of the birfday girl organised it brilliantly so that the kids were kept entertained and busy. The weather helped and on the Saturday morning beach fanatics made a trip to the beach, the campsite is in easy reach, by car or bike, of the sea. My main role seem to involve making omelettes, which I must boast, I do very well, the secret it seems to me is to keep it simple. My view is that good cooking is simple but brilliant cooking is very difficult, if that sort of makes sense.

  On the Saturday evening some of us watched Tangled, I thought a very clever remake of the Rapunzel story, mind you some of the adults were quite boisterous and badly behaved. This morning they did a performance of their version, the kids that is, not the adults.   Anyway I think everybody enjoyed themselves but being 70 sometimes makes it hard to keep up with the kids when they are playing games involving chasing.

When I get the pictures I might even upload some especially as my wife had brought some clothes she had kept since our kids were very young and seeing the grandchildren wearing them was cute. We even had a coat that was made by an uncle of mine for my nephew when he was about 1.

Is Tolstoy right "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."?  We were certainly a happy family this weekend.

 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home