Alan's Thunks

Monday, August 29, 2011

Struggling with databases

Hi

It is nearly 3am and I am trying to understand MySQL. It is odd that in one sense I an make it happen but in another I am lost.

That is I seemed to have created a baby database BUT I don't know where it is. Somewhere on my machine but what is it called and where is it. It doesn't seem to want to exist when command line client is used but when I click on a database it seems to appear. This is all very rambling cause I don't know what I am doing.

Got stuck so I was looking at the Guardian on line and reading about the Gove and free schools. He seems to have arranged for an independent charity, though I use the word with some caution, to get half a million to promote free schools. But we don't have money to pay for summer activities for kids in poorer areas.

The trouble is that I start from some very negative attitudes to the Tories and so it is hard to believe that any thing they do can possibly be good. So when I read about free schools and read that some are in poor areas my immediate thought that this must be a way for a few parents to self select themselves out of going top school with their neighbours in case they aren't very nice. And the people who do that will be Tory voters so obviously the Tories will support them.

When will people realise that the tory party is one great con trick to get money from the poor and give it to the rich!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I'm a SQL Server dude and don't know much about MySQL. Could your problem be a network protocol issue - can you limit the DB connection to TCP/IP?

    By Blogger Paulie C, at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home