Alan's Thunks

Friday, April 22, 2011

Clegg- Man or Mouse

Delivered to my door was the literature for the no campaign. The final page is a complete demolition of the Clegg!

This is a campaign led by, his erstwhile co-conspirator in the destruction of the British economy, David Cameron. How come Clegg accepts this abuse, if I were him I would not have responded so calmly. My assumption is that Clegg would do anything for the trappings of office, even being shat upon from a great height by his colleague. Though it is clear that the relationship is more that of lord and servant, Clegg being almost below the salt.

The paper this morning suggests that the Lin-Dems will just accept the defeat and soldier on. Their ministers just doing as their told by their Tory masters. This is not a coalition but an annihilation. I suppose we can wave goodbye the the Lib-Dems for the next 50 years as a force in British politics unless they revolt pretty soon.

His performance on morning television defending AV was pathetic, allthe wrong arguments and in no way attacking Cameron and the rest. As someone pointed out in the Guardian yesterday, Cameron would no be leader of the Tories, nor as a consequence the Prime Minister, if the Tories chose their leader by a first past the post system. It is interesting to observe the double standards that leaders are willing to use. To get me in power in my party AV is good but to get my party in to power, first past the post is best.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home