Alan's Thunks

Friday, March 29, 2013

What can you see

I have just had my second cataract operation!  Many thanks to the NHS free and smoothly done BUT I am now long-sighted.

After spending 60 years of my life as a short-sighted geek type person I now have long vision,  It changed your life and takes some getting used to. Until now the first thing I did when I woke up was to put my glasses on, this was essential to wandering round the house and finding things, so my glasses were sort of permanently attached.

 Now I don't need them for doing daily things BUT I do need them to read, this makes life very confusing, go into the kitchen but can't read the recipe but can find the right pot and turn on the oven! I now no the confusion of those who having had good eyesight all their lives suddenly find they can't read, it al very disorienting.

The other thing I now do is to be sitting there reading and get up, forgetting to take off my reading glasses, now the whole world looks odd and makes you feel sick.

I suppose I will have to get varifocal type glasses again but cannot do that till I have been discharged from the hospital. But I have made that appointment for a day I am in London so now I have to try to change it!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home