Alan's Thunks

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An apology for Gordon Brown

It is clear that Gordon Brown will not apologise for his mistakes. In fact none of the polticians who have been in power for last few years are likely to apologise for their mistakes over the economy so I thought I would write one for them, it will do for most of them.

Dear Public,

I would like to say sorry for what has happened to the economy over the last 18 months or so. Something went wrong and some of the blame must fall on me. Naively I thought that all those clever people in the financial sector and in the banks and insurance companies were doing their best to make us all wealthier and better off. But I was wrong all these years, they were not using the super intellects to help us but themselves. They fooled many of us into believing that if we left them alone and didn't enquire to carefully it would be good, they were creating wealth for us all, we just had to trust them. This was my big mistake and I am sorry.

Now I know that the lessons of the previous two centuries should have been heeded, whenever clever greedy people get together and are not watched they will line their own pockets.

Yours

Gordon Brown

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home